Providing instruments, educational materials, clinicians and t-shirts.
Providing for sale, discounted music supplies, equipment, instruments and educational materials
OVERVIEW & TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
The Smith Walbridge Marching Band Clinic is ideal for beginners, advanced marchers and section leaders.¬† Students learn how to teach marching, run music rehearsals and assist their band directors with organization and administration.¬† The instructors have¬†extensive experience with drum corps and marching bands.¬† The style of teaching is positive,¬†high energy, exciting, effective and efficient.¬† Leadership skills¬†are integrated into the curriculum with an emphasis on interactive activities that develops confidence and experience with communications.¬† Students learn how to adapt what they have learned to be in sync with their bands at home.¬† The effectiveness of this marching band camp program illustrates that hard work can be fun and there are no shortcuts to success.
AGENDA FOR BEGINNER MARCHERS
- Thorough marching fundamentals and basic commands
- Individual help with marching style and posture problems
- How to learn drills and read charts
- Basic knowledge of drill design
- The science of marching and the nine concepts of movement
- Measurements and grid systems
- Administration and organization
- These students are gradually merged with the advanced students
AGENDA FOR EXPERIENCED MARCHERS & SECTION LEADERS
- Accelerated marching fundamentals review
- Music basics, including tuning, tone production, articulations, reading skills and technique
- Exercises for teaching marching while playing an instrument
- How to teach and clean marching drills
- Basic commands review
- Motivation, attitude and team concepts
- Music rehearsal techniques
- Methods for teaching marching fundamentals of various styles
- Analyzing and resolving posture problems
Closing award ceremonies are hosted on the last day in O’Brien field for parents, sponsors, directors and friends.
More about facilities and free time activities can be found on our Facilities and Activities Page.
|Clinic||Dates||Resident||Price Commuter||Non-Participant||Check In Times|
|Marching Band Clinic||July 11-14, 2017||$325||$245||$185||July 11 ‚Äď 9am-1:30pm|
Resident fee includes: Instruction, housing, and all meals | Commuter fee includes: Instruction, lunch, and dinner
Non participant:¬† Chaperones, parents, bus drivers, or anyone not taking classes
- HALF PRICE for Leadership Workshop if attending this clinic. Highly recommended!
- Group discounts are listed on our All Dates & Prices Page