LOCATION & TIMES – EIU
- Registration/check-in is at Taylor Hall at Eastern Illinois University.
- Registration/check-in is 9:00 AM-1:30PM for the Drum Major Clinic, Drumline Clinic, Marching Band Clinic, Flag & Rifle Clinic, and Marching Band Directors Workshop.¬† Classes start at 2:00 PM on the first day.
- Registration/check-in is 12:00 PM-1:30 PM for the Drill Design Workshop, Leadership Workshop, Mace & Signal Baton Workshop, and Student Conductor Workshop. ¬†Classes start at 2:00 PM on the first day.
- Visit our All Dates & Prices page for more on check-in/out times and other info.
- Visit our Download Information Page for the “All Information Packet”¬†.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENT PROCEDURES
A deposit¬†should be made immediately after registering.¬†A deposit is not required to register.¬†¬†Additional payments or the balance¬†can be made anytime before¬†or at registration.¬† We can also bill your school or booster group.¬† When registering use the message box to indicate special payments instructions.¬† Payments can be made with a credit/debit card, or by check.¬† We prefer checks, which can be mailed, with the participants name on the check.¬† Each time a payment is made, a new receipt will be emailed to you.
Smith Walbridge Clincis at EIU and at FGCU minimum deposit is $75, to be deducted from the total.
CLOSING CEREMONIES – EIU
- Closing ceremonies and performance will be presented in the O’Brien Stadium for parents, friends, and directors
- Flag & Rifle Clinic, Marching Percussion Clinic, Marching Band Clinic: July 14, 2017, 10:30am -12:00pm
- Drum Major Clinic Week 1: July 14, 2017, 9:00-10:30am
- Mace-Signal Baton Workshop: July 16, 2017, 11:30am-Noon (held behind Taylor Hall)
- Drum Major Clinic Week 2: July 21, 2017, 9:00-10:30am
EQUIPMENT & BELONGINGS
Bring your own equipment. This includes flags, rifles, instruments, drums, batons, maces, etc.¬†¬†We are not able to provide equipment.¬† However, special arrangements can be made for those flying from other countries or traveling long distances that need drumline equipment, or large marching instruments.¬† Call to reserve at no charge.
Bedding and towels are provided by dormitory, however, we suggest bringing extra towels and wash cloths, favorite pillows, etc for your own comfort.¬† The dorms are air-conditioned, so fans are not needed.
Visit our Download Information Page for more details.
Early arrival or late departure situations (usually to get cheaper air fares, or arrive in time for class) are available for $20 per night at EIU, $35 per night at FGCU. ¬†You will need extra money for meals not included in your fee.¬† Extra nights are not available on or after July 21st, 2017 since the dorms will be closed. Indicate what nights you need in the message box when registering, or call us to make arrangements at least one week in advance.
Two people per room of the same gender.¬† Groups will be housed in the same area. Singles will be housed with someone in the same age group. If a single room is requested, there is a $50 additional charge (adults only).
Residents and non participants in residence receive breakfast, lunch and dinner.¬†Meals run from dinner on the first day of the clinic, through breakfast on the last day of the clinic.
For commuters, dinners and lunches¬†are provided.
Meals for early arrivals, late departures and those staying over for additional sessions can purchase their own meals in the dorms, or at fast food chains nearby, for delivery.
Mailing & Shipments
We strongly suggest not sending mail or shipments to the clinic site since it often arrives too late for distribution.¬† We will not be responsible for mail¬†arriving for participants.
Security & Supervision
All students are supervised 24 hours a day. There are interns on each floor of the dorms. All administrative staff are certified in first aid and trained to handle emergency situations.
MOTELS – HOTELS IN THE CHARLESTON IL AREA
Click HERE for an area listing of hotels and motels¬†in the Charleston IL area.
Visit our Download Information Page for more details, and the ALL INFORMATION PACKET.